May 6, 2009

New Beds, Spring Flowers, and Lawn Mowers

This week's Three Beautiful Things:

1. A's transition to his "big boy" room went extremely smoothly. We just needed a white noise machine to block out the sounds of the cars driving by. ("The motorcycle scared me, Mommy!") Once that problem was solved, he happily gets in bed every night and waves "night-night". An added bonus of the new room is that he now also accepts Daddy reading bedtime stories to him, something he had typically resisted. Hooray!

2. Yellow tulips are blooming all over our yard. They look so cheerful, and they smell wonderful. I know they won't last long, but I also know that the lilacs are right behind them!

3. I took an extra long shower on Saturday morning, because K took A outside with him. Having the bathroom to myself is such a luxury. Afterwards, I walked outside to find K mowing the lawn. I was initially confused - where was the boy?, I thought - but then I saw him, pushing his bubble lawn mower around the lawn like Daddy. Quite possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...