May 28, 2009

Make Way for Ducklings

*Image from Wikipedia

Another reason I love Boston: the Public Garden and the Swan Boats. They inspired the book, Make Way for Ducklings. It is a very cute and fun children's book, even if you don't live near Boston, but I think living here makes it that much more special. A adores this book, especially saying the names of all the ducklings: Jack, Kack, Lack, Mack, Nack, Ouack, Pack, and Quack. He knows quite a lot of it by heart now, so he'll sometimes read along with me. We haven't done it yet, but I am looking forward to bringing him to ride the swan boats and see the statues of those little ducklings.
Disclaimer: I will be honest and admit that I'm writing this post to try to negate the loathing I am feeling towards this book right now. I have read it almost every night for the last month, and for some reason, it must be read on the floor as opposed to the bed. This hurts my back, and it also allows A to dance around the room while insisting that I keep reading. It really is a cute book, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...