May 11, 2009

Laughs for a Monday

*Image from Newsweek
I saw this Newsweek article about a blog called Postcards from Yo Momma, and it cracked me up. If it can make me laugh on a Monday morning when I feel like crap, then surely it will give you a giggle too.

The blog contains emails and messages written by people's mothers. They are sometimes sweet, but mostly they seem unintentionally hilarious. Here are a few good ones from the article, but go check out the blog for more:

***
good news!Our insurance covers : THE HPV VACCINATION.but, this is NOT a license to have wild, unprotected sex, y'know!! hehehhehehee.xox,mom
***

Mom: hi kid. on the way to jumble java, i started crying. the kids are moving in to the dorms today and i saw a dad hugging his daughter goodbye and i lost it. that feeling never goes away.
:( mom
Me: don't be lame, mom
Mom: i hope i live long enough to see you experience the same feeling. and i'm not lame.
Me: well at the rate i'm going, i doubt you'll be around to see my kids go to college. even if i do have some, they'll have three heads because i won't have them until i'm 50.
Mom: well then it will be three times as hard to say goodbye.
***
... I heard on the radio that people can google themselves. I've done a lot of things to myself before, but I've never googled myself.

***
paulhiitsyourmomtryingtolearnemailitsverycoldheretoday-degreesyesterdaywas38hopethisworkslovemom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...