October 2, 2013

Menu of the Week

photos via Martha Stewart, Cooking Light, and Real Simple

Turkey Burgers, Sweet Potato Fries, Peas
Simple and quick, and everyone liked everything.  Sometimes I have to go for the low-maintenance option.

Panko-Crusted Fish Sticks, Rice, Sauteed Zucchini
A family favorite.  Takes a little longer to prepare, but it's easy, and I often have fish in the freezer, so this is a meal I can pull out quickly, even when we're running low on food.

Broccoli-Leek Soup, Cheddar Cheese Toasts
Well, they can't all be winners.  I really wanted to like this soup - I was hoping to find a broccoli soup that wasn't so full of cheese.  It wasn't bad, and the boys ate it up with no complaints; but the flavor was pretty onion-y, and let's just say that the flavor stayed with me for a long time.  My system wasn't so happy about this one.

Ravioli with Kale Pesto and Roasted Carrots
I wanted to find something new to do with all the kale still coming from the garden, and I thought this recipe had a shot of introducing more of the kale to the boys.  It worked!  Aaron, who hates carrots, had cherry tomatoes on his instead.  I actually think the dish could use more carrots, because their sweetness helps balance out the more tart flavor of this pesto.  I really enjoyed this one, though, and will make it again.

Pulled Chicken Sandwiches, Tomatoes, Potatoes & Onions, Corn on the Cob
I am not a huge fan of chicken any more.  Ever since I was pregnant with Nathan, I've had a slight aversion to it.  However...there are certain ways that I still enjoy it, and this recipe is one.  The flavors in the sauce are awesome.  It was also fun to have the opportunity to light up the grill and enjoy corn on the cob again before the colder part of Fall arrives.

1 comment:

  1. catching up on your blog. yum. your weeks look so freaking delicious. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...