May 6, 2013

What Do I Do?


From The Challenge....If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question 'What do you do'?

I sleep, I wake, I drink water to start every day.
I stretch and exercise and do yoga every chance I get.
I eat.  Mostly healthy stuff but I also end most of my days with a mug of ice cream.
I dress, brush teeth, pack lunch, prepare my boys for the day.
I walk my kids to school.
I hug, as often as they'll let me.  Which, for now, is a lot.
I drink coffee and enjoy silence.
I blog, I talk, I text...I work at keeping in touch.
I clean and tidy and shop and cook.
I plan.  For weekends, vacations, Sunday breakfasts, baseball games, camps, getting together with friends.
I play with my boys.  I watch them play with their friends.
I comfort, discipline, support, teach.  I love.
I sit in the sunshine when it's warm.  I sit by the fireplace when it's cold.
I end every day with a book.
I say thank you.

4 comments:

  1. this was really sweet! and how awesome that you can walk your children to school! i hope to be able to do that one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this...i love my family. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through the May Challenge Linkup. I use to do yoga and really need to get back into it. Happy to be your newest follower and can't wait to read more!

    AshLee
    XxOo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - you sound so serene Mary - It's wonderful to read. If I think back to what your day was like when you were working there would have been a whole lot of other lines in this post. Less lines is a good thing; restorative and important. My days are a whirlwind at the moment; it's just as well I am not doing the May challenge as I am just blasted with too much to do all the time! Ugh. It will pass - I am hanging on til it does. Lovely post though - I am so enjoying this series. Lou x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...