May 3, 2013

Menu of the Week


Burgers, Oven Fries, Caprese Salad
Last weekend was sunny and beautiful, and it inspired us to break out the grill.  Let grilling season begin!  It's early for tomatoes, of course, but caprese salad is Aaron's favorite thing in the world, so I got a package of cherry tomatoes and the little mozzarella balls.  Awesome.

Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Quesadillas, Guacamole, Tortilla Chips
Quesadillas are always a favorite.  Grilling the chicken made them a little different and cool.  I left the chicken out of mine and the little guy's, adding some additional veggies.  

Chicken Curry with Apples, Rice
I adore curry.  It might be my favorite meal of all time.  I could eat green curry every single night.  So I'm disappointed that my boys don't love it too.  I try every once in a while to see if things have changed yet.  I tried this new recipe, which adds apples to lend a little extra sweetness, and of course I kept the curry seasoning light in order to appeal to the kids.  I also added carrots, because I felt it needed more veggies.  Results were great for me!  The kids...okay.  Aaron ate the chicken and rice and picked around most of the veggies (he did not like the apples or carrots).  Nathan did pretty well with the rice and veggies (picking out the chicken - my opposite kiddos!), but couldn't finish because he said it was too spicy.  Not bad overall, though.  We shall persevere!

Lemon-Pepper Shrimp Scampi, Spaghetti, Sauteed Zucchini
An old standard.  Takes about ten minutes to prepare, so it's awesome for a busy weeknight.  Nathan opted for spaghetti sauce, but they both ate everything.  

Other nights:  homemade pizza and leftovers!

4 comments:

  1. YUMM these all look so good! I definitely want to try those lemon-pepper prawns! they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been grilling a lot too. My favorite! And I'm pretty sure I've eaten my weight in guacamole lately as well.

    Have you ever tried putting a spoonful of peanut butter in your curry? It makes it so rich, and it's the only way Emma will eat it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea! I will try that next time!

      Delete
  3. Can I come live with you? This food looks so yummy! Happy Friday!! xx. McKenna Lou
    www.lynnandlou.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...