May 17, 2012

A Few Interesting Reads...


Yes, all my tulips are gone now, but I just love these happy yellow ones.  I should go take some pictures of my azaleas now...

I like sharing some of the interesting posts or articles that I happen across.  Here are a few that I read this week and resonated with me for one reason or another.

You are what you read.  I totally get this.  I often get to the end of a really good book and feel like I'm seeing things through the eyes of the main character for a while.  I like the idea of being able to inherit the traits of our literary heroes.  What kind of characters are you drawn to?

Carolina, and Marriage, in my Mind.  I'm sure many of you have heard or read about the recent passage of an amendment to the North Carolina state constitution regarding gay marriage and civil unions.  I grew up and went to college in North Carolina and still have many friends and family members there.  This article does a wonderful job of capturing my feelings regarding this topic.  (Interestingly...the author is from my hometown and graduated from my high school.)

On Roommates, and Not Having Them.  Have you lived alone?  I had roommates all through college and for the first few years after, but I eventually was able to afford an apartment of my own.  I loved living by myself.  I was excited to start my life together with Kevin when that time came, but I'm so grateful for the years I had living on my own.

15 Powerful Things Happy People Do Differently.  Most of these won't surprise anyone, but they're all good reminders.  I find there are many things I need to continue to remind myself of on a regular basis.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these links - will give me something to check out when I feel a little procrastinatey at work today!

    I loved living alone, but like you, was also very happy to start my life together with D :)

    Have a great weekend and hope the renovations are progressing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reads - thanks ever so much for the links - lots of good things to ponder. I've never really lived alone, and I think of this regretfully from time to time. I hope all is well with you, and you have a wonderful weekend! Annie x
    ps: I love the name of the band above!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...