December 14, 2011
A few things I want to remember about my ridiculously awesome five-year-old boy:
1. His favorite color is red.
2. His favorite foods are macaroni and cheese, chicken fingers, and green beans. (Just kidding about the green beans, but they are currently his favorite vegetable.)
3. His favorite fruit is all of them. He has tried every fruit I can lay my hands on. Mango is the only one he scowled at.
4. He likes oatmeal for breakfast. With a little cinnamon and brown sugar sprinkled on top.
5. His favorite TV show is Wordgirl.
6. His favorite outfit consists of a pair of gray corduroys and a long-sleeved t-shirt. Red, of course.
7. He loves playing 'bingo' and 'simon says' at school. He is excellent at listening and paying attention, so he often wins.
8. He has become okay with not winning all the time, though.
9. His favorite music this year included: The Black Keys, Foster the People ('Pumped Up Kicks'), The Decemberists ('Down by the Water'), and amazingly, Gillian Welch.
10. We are currently reading James and the Giant Peach. Again.
11. His favorite things to do outside are running/chasing, riding his bike, sledding, throwing a frisbee, kicking a ball, flying a kite...actually he loves doing just about anything outside.
12. He asks amazing questions and challenges us all the time. Recent ones include: What is a soul? Why does the wind blow? Why doesn't Santa bring toys to homeless kids? And why are there kids without homes? Why does the Earth only have one moon?
13. He still sleeps with his stuffed penguin, Ernesto.
14. His favorite things to draw are houses, rocket ships, rainbows, and Princess Mommy. (That last one is my favorite.)
15. He wants to be a chef when he grows up.