August 1, 2011

Weekend Recap

My boys hanging out by the waterfall

It was another pretty quiet weekend.  The boys were both recovering and were therefore pretty lethargic.  We did a lot of snuggling.  Sitting on the front porch.  Hanging out.  Eating popsicles.  Throwing sticks into the river.  All in all, not bad things to do on a hot July weekend.  A few other highlights:

*We did manage to run a few errands on Saturday, including the usual stop at the farmer's market.  I'll post a couple of the recipes we tried, because they were yum. 
*I wasn't kidding about the Newport Folk Festival.  Saturday afternoon, my big boy and I sat on the front porch, watching the concerts on my iPhone.  (Now starting to understand what fun an iPad could be.)  Our favorite was Gillian Welch, although he also loved watching The Decemberists play one of his favorite songs while eating dinner.  (Emily, if you can't make it to the Gillian Welch concert, you can watch one here.  Set it up on your iPad or TV and watch it in the comfort of your air conditioning!  You should check her out - she's amazing.)  I discovered a few new bands over the weekend as well.  Very fun.
*I got my big boy his first real camera.  I thought it would be fun for him to have on our upcoming trip to Italy.  He spent Sunday practicing, and so far I'd say he's pretty good!  He is very excited about it.
*By Sunday afternoon, the boys had some of their energy back, so we went to a cookout at a friend's house.  In addition to a swingset/playscape, they also had a large bouncy house.  The boys had a fun time playing while I had a fun time talking with friends and enjoying a nice sunny evening.

A few goals for the week:
1.  Clean out the freezer.  It was left open one night this weekend, and lots of things melted.  I have to go through it all and figure out what went bad.  Doesn't this sound like a fun task?
2.  Buy a new suitcase and other items we need for the big trip - it's almost here!
3.  After having to spend time at home with a sick boy last week, I have some catching up to do at work.
4.  Sit and be still.
5.  Since all the ice cream in my freezer was ruined anyway, maybe it's a good week to abstain from the creamy goodness. 

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...