April 21, 2011

Yoga, Commutes, and Completed Projects

photo from naturally nina via pinterest

Sorry for yesterday's crabby post, and thanks for sticking with me.  One of the best things about this little blog of mine is the community I've created.  It's a small group, but I've attracted such lovely people here.  Thank you!

Today the sun is shining, and I'm still working hard to stay positive.  Here are three beautiful things:

1.  45 minutes of yoga.  A slightly tighter butt and the reminder to breathe

2.  Instead of thinking about my commute as a time-suck, I will choose to think of it as 45 minutes of uninterrupted time to listen to music.  (Sometimes it's the news, but in a week like this one, I'm sticking with music.)  This morning, I chose women I could turn way up and sing with:  Susan Tedeschi and Adele.  (It took me a while to fall in love with Adele - not sure why.  I guess because her music is different than a lot of what I typically listen to.  I understand it now.  She just needs to be played loudly so you can marvel at that voice.) 

3.  There was a spot on our bedroom wall that received some water damage and required new paint.  I'm not going to think about how long it took, but it is now the same color as the rest of the wall.  The painting supplies are put away. 

1 comment:

  1. A couple of years ago we moved closer to my fiance's place of employment, and he was really upset that he wasn't going to have as long of a commute, because that's his alone time. I totally get it. As much as I hate being stuck in traffic, there's nothing like 45 minutes of good music!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...