December 21, 2010

Weekend Recap

My boys

We had another wonderful weekend, full of happy holiday fun.  We took Aaron to see the Boston Pops on Saturday, and it was so great.  He was so excited to go on an outing with just Mom and Dad - Nathan stayed at home with a sitter.  He liked the music and seeing the instruments, but he especially loved the lights and effects in the gorgeous Symphony Hall.  He was excited to see Santa make an appearance, and he enjoyed the performance of How the Grinch Stole Christmas.  Unfortunately, we followed the rules and did not bring our camera, so I don't have any pictures to share, but after seeing hundreds of cameras at the show, I think we'll bring one along next year.

On Sunday, we made another batch of cookies and then packaged them up to deliver to our neighbors.  Aaron had fun going to each neighbor's house and delivering the gifts.  (So many different kinds of cookie recipes I want to try!  I went with homemade peppermint bark (who knew it was SO easy!), dark chocolate-almond crackle cookies, and sugar cookies that we had a blast decorating.

The rest of the time was spent playing, reading, and watching Home Alone.  I've never enjoyed that movie so much as I did snuggled up with my boys, next to the tree with a fire in the fireplace, eating popcorn.  Fa la la la la...
 My gorgeous little boy, wishing he could take a swing at the tree
My gorgeous big boy, having fun building and playing with a lego set with Dad

1 comment:

  1. Awww sounds like you had a lovely time and your boys are adorable:) Hugs and kisses

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...