January 13, 2010

Appalachian Journey


I love music. If you've ever read my blog before, you already know this. I adore all kinds of music, and I love finding something new that touches me. Every now and then, I'll put something on that makes me stop whatever I'm doing to just listen. How often do you do that? Just be still and listen to music.

My mom gave me this CD for Christmas - called Appalachian Journey, with Edgar Meyer, Mark O'Connor, Stephen Foster, Alison Krauss, James Taylor, and Yo-Yo Ma. It is beautiful. The song in the video above - Hard Times Come Again No More - is an example of one that made me stop and listen. Spend a few minutes with James and the other musicians if you have the time. The whole CD is wonderful.

Thanks so much, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...