December 3, 2008

Favorite Christmas Movies

*Seriously. It gets me every time.
As usual, in no particular order...

1. Miracle on 34th Street - The 2000 version is just wrong. Stick with the original.
2. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - Totally silly. Just a fun one for everyone.
3. It's a Wonderful Life - Makes me cry every single time. "To my big brother, George - the richest man in town." (I seriously teared up just typing that.)
4. A Christmas Carol - I prefer the George C. Scott version, although I am fond of the old b&w Alistair Sim version as well. It was my dad's favorite. I'm sorry, but Patrick Stewart is the guy from Star Trek - he's not Scrooge.
5. A Christmas Story - People typically love this movie or hate it completely. It cracks me up.
6. How the Grinch Stole Christmas! - Okay, this one isn't a movie (I've never seen the movie and have no plans to), but it's a great 30 minutes! I am pretty sure I can recite the entire thing by heart.
7. A Charlie Brown Christmas - We typically put this on while decorating the tree. I love how one scraggly branch becomes a cute (and full!) Christmas tree. And you gotta love Linus and that blanket.
8. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer - Ah, the land of the misfit toys. I also love Frosty the Snowman.
9. Love Actually - Not sure if this has quite reached "classic" status, but I do enjoy it, and we've watched it the last couple years. I've actually enjoyed the predictable and kinda cheesy The Family Man in recent years as well.

What are your favorite movies/shows to watch during the holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...