December 16, 2008

Christmas decorations

We don't go too crazy with Christmas decorations at our house, but here's a little glimpse...

My mom made these stockings for us, and of course that makes them extra special. They match the tree skirt she made as well. The stockings will go on the mantle one day, when we have one again and don't have kids trying to pull them down. Until then, I like hanging them on the staircase.
We picked up this old sled in a thrift store for $10 - I love it. Having it out front makes it feel like we're ready to run out at any moment to have fun. We also always get a nice wreath for the front door.

My mom got this poster for me when she went to see Frank Capra, Jr. She knows how much I love 'It's a Wonderful Life'.
And of course there's the tree. You get a close-up view, because our living room is not very photogenic at the moment, and the baby gates around the bottom aren't very aesthetically pleasing. But despite all that, and the white lights, our tree is beautiful.  Kevin and I have picked up Christmas ornaments throughout the years, and our collection is pretty good at this point.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous16.12.08

    I'm definitely sensing a little more white light hostility in this post! Hahaha... The true test will be when the little one grows up and picks his favorite light color. If I were you I might start coaching him now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathleen - Oh, don't you worry...the coaching has begun! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous17.12.08

    Hey -- we have an old sled out front, too!

    P.S. I LOVE the fact that you live in a historical home. Ours is over 200 years old and we're trying to back track to the original owner/builder so that we can put a sign up, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...