November 5, 2008

Voting, Birthday Parties, and a Cactus

This Week's Three Beautiful Things:

1. I love the feeling of pride I get when I vote. I felt especially good this year, because I paid a lot of attention, did my research, and I felt confident going into the voting booth that I was making the right decisions.

2. We went to a friend's daughter's 2nd birthday party over the weekend. Tons of toddlers running around, laughing, singing, playing....It was a beautiful and happy sight.

3. My so-called "Christmas cactus" is blooming. I inherited this plant from my sister a couple years ago, and it thrives here for some reason. It blooms in November and again later in the winter, somehow recognizing the times of year when we need a little color.

1 comment:

  1. I think many people felt this year like you did about voting. It seemed to be an informed, energized election! (Pretty flower, too!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...