March 12, 2012

Weekend Recap


We started off the weekend in such a fun way.  Our community farm had their annual "Maple Magic" event, which included a pancake breakfast, with their own maple syrup and raspberries.  It also included tours of the farm, where they explained the sugaring process, let us go inside the sugar shack, talked about how the process has changed since the colonial times.  It was all very cool.  We also got to do our usual running around and looking at the animals.  The big mama pig just had eight babies last week, and oh my are they cute.  It was a chilly and windy morning, so the boys were ready to get inside as soon as we got home.  What a great way to start a Saturday, though.  

The rest of the weekend continued to be pretty quiet.  We watched some basketball (Go Heels!), got the boys haircuts, played games, and played outside a lot.  Sunday was a beautiful day, and it inspired us to start the yard clean-up, raking and clearing spaces for the tulips and daffodils to poke through.  They are already on their way.  I want to figure out how to grow more this year.  Maybe I really should talk to my neighbor about combining our gardening efforts...

We're supposed to see more freakishly warm weather this week, and I am so okay with this.  Maybe Spring won't be as gloomy and cold as it usually is.  Maybe we'll skip right over that part and move on to the sunny and flower-filled days.  

I've been extremely tired lately, finding it hard to focus and feeling overall not quite right.  I'm not sick, and I've been exercising and eating well, so I can only chalk it up to getting not quite enough sleep.  I blame the really good book I'm currently reading, as well as the two-year-old who insists on running into my bedroom in the middle of the night.  I just have to give him a hug and put him back in bed, but it still results in interrupted sleep for me.  I think my sleep deficit is adding up.  My goal for this week is to get enough sleep so I can be productive and fully appreciate these beautiful days.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so with you on the tiredness front. What's the deal? I think it's the fatigue that comes at the end of the winter when you just need some sun! I am sure you're counting down in your mind to the time when the boys sleep through and when you don't have to work in the morning ;-) Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so with you on being tired. I'm sitting here right now trying to decide if 8:40 PM is an appropriate bedtime for a 28 year old. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...