March 28, 2012

Birthday Presents, Lobster, and Live Music



1.  I received some lovely birthday presents:  a sweet necklace, a knit pillow for my bed, a new perfume... and I love them all.  But my favorite wasn't really a birthday present at all.  That night, long after bedtime, Aaron called me upstairs.  When I walked up, he met me at the top of the stairs and handed me a stack of folded kitchen towels.  I had left a laundry basket full of clean clothes in his room.  He folded all of it and put everything away by himself.  "I even snuck into Nathan's room and put his clothes away too," he told me.  I gave him a hug, told him how awesome he is, tucked him in bed, and smiled the rest of the night. 

2.  I went out to lunch, and I enjoyed a Lobster BLT.  Wow it was good.  Fun conversation with a work friend who I hadn't seen in 15 years was pretty awesome too. 

3.  Live music is truly good for my soul.  Listening to great music, sitting in the sunshine, a good beer in my hand, surrounded by friends?  Doesn't get much better than that.

3 comments:

  1. I think lobster on your birthday is a must!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet more awesome goodness with your three beautiful things - and a beautiful quote as well! Happy Friday eve Mary - have a wonderful weekend. Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    you received really very nice gifts on your birthday and I hope you had a fab day.

    Thanks for sharing your birthday gifts with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...