October 11, 2010

Weekend Recap


We had a great weekend.  A friend paid us a visit on Saturday, bringing along his two little girls.  We all ventured up to the farm for playing, apple-picking, and a camel ride.  I know, I know, I thought the same thing.  A camel ride?  On a farm in New England?  Well, what can I say?  The line for the ponies was too long, so we opted for the camels.  The big guy looked a little apprehensive about climbing on board, but he really wanted to do it, so he stepped up and had fun.  The look on his face was priceless.  Apple-picking was fun as always, and my favorite variety (Jonagold) was finally ripe, so we picked a bunch.  The rest of the day was lots of the usual outside playtime - swings, slides, bikes...

Sunday was another picture-perfect day.  We had a morning playdate with friends - another family with two little boys.  So fun to be able to sit in the sunshine and watch the boys run around and be boys.  Crash into dirt, race each other, ignore each other, hit balls with hockey sticks...  The afternoon was decidedly more low-key.  The big boy and I got our aprons on, and he helped me make an apple pie.  That was followed by more outside playtime while K put the rest of the new shutters on the house.  They look great! It always feels so good when little house projects are completed.

This week will feel short, and I'm looking forward to enjoying more gorgeous weather before the cold sets in.  Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. a camel ride - they'll always remember that!!

    what a sweet weekend mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I love that photo of camel ride:)
    Have a great Monday
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that Nathan in the second pic? I barely recognize him!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...