October 4, 2010
Weekend Recap - Vermont
Ahhh. What a beautiful, wonderful weekend. Thanks again to my mom for making it possible. Enjoy a taste of our experience via a few pictures and a five senses post:
- Gorgeous foliage. Still a little before peak, but as we drove south back home, we could watch the colors change from reds and oranges back to yellows and greens. So lovely.
- A moose! I had never seen a moose before, and there one was, just happily trotting through a B&B parking lot, on its way back out to the woods. Beautiful creature, and enormous! My gosh it was huge. Very cool to see.
- My husband in a robe at the spa, so happy he wasn't the only man there. (We splurged on massages, and it was worth every penny!)
- Lots of little kids, reminding me of my own back at home. But I knew they were having fun with their "mema", and we were having fun being on our own.
- Rustling leaves under our feet
- A comfy armchair we picked up at a yard sale. We'd been looking for one for a while now, and it's so fun to find a good one at a bargain price
- Super fun old-school toys at the Vermont country store. We are almost done Christmas shopping.
- There's not much better than the smell of lit fireplaces and fallen leaves
- All the wonderful smells coming from the food tents at the Craft Fair. Every type you can imagine.
- Otter Creek Copper Ale
- Cider doughnuts
- Coffee brownie ice cream
- A roasted artichoke sandwich. Veggie burrito. Everything is fresh and local. The cheese in particular stood out.