June 21, 2010

Cherries!

*Image from Martha Stewart

As you know, it's cherry season, and the big boy loves cherries.  The little boy is starting to love them, too.  What I don't love is having to pit them.  What a pain!  Enter this OXO Olive & Cherry Pitter.  I am truly not a gadget girl, but I think I must have this one.  Problem is, my birthday and Mother's Day are already behind us.  Hm.  I think I may just have to get it for myself.  I'll earn it by picking my own cherries at the farm and making a cherry something.  Here are a few recipes that have caught my eye:

Fresh Cherry Tart - I'm such a sucker for tarts
Cherry Lemonade - I have a big bag of lemons just waiting to be turned into lemonade.  Adding cherries would make it extra special, don't you think?
Cherry Pie - I've never made a cherry pie before.  Perhaps it's time to give it a try?
Seared Chicken Salad with Cherries and Goat Cheese Dressing - Yum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...