January 31, 2011

Snow


I was on the phone with my sister, and she mentioned that the weather where she lives is really nice and that they went on a family bike ride.  In response, I attempted to describe to her how much snow we have at our house.  She used to live in Boston, so she's familiar with the snow, but this Winter has been anything but typical.   We got no snow until the end of December, which is pretty late, but since then we've had huge storm after huge storm, dumping a foot at a time.  It has also stayed cold, so it just keeps piling up!  The picture above shows my son on top of the snow in our yard - notice that he's the same height as the top of our lamppost.

The good news is that my boys love playing in the snow, so it doesn't deter us from playing outside.  (The bad news is that there's actually too much snow to sled!)  I also feel more prepared than I ever have for a New England Winter.  Gone are the days of sliding around in my tiny little Honda Civic and arriving at work with wet shoes.  I have four-wheel drive, an automatic car starter, good boots, and a husband who is excellent with a shovel.  (I do my share as well, but I wouldn't want to do it alone.) 

It's crazy, but so far I've been able to stay pretty positive despite the weather.  We'll see how long I can make it last.  We're supposed to get another 6-12 inches tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Wow - that is alot of snow! I know what you mean though; when you are prepared for it, snow is OK to live with. But sooner or later the yearning starts for the big thaw! Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a huge fan of the snow (or the cold weather to be more exact) but my kids love playing in the snow too and just seeing them have fun makes me so happy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...