January 25, 2011

Menu of the Week


Here's a look at what we've been eating lately...

Almond-Stuffed Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans
This is an easy way to dress up a boring chicken dinner.  My four-year-old didn't even ask for honey or ketchup in which to dip his chicken!  Small victories...

Goat Cheese and Roasted Corn Quesadillas, Saffron Rice, Black Beans
This is an easy, veggie dinner that comes together quickly.  Perfect for a crazy weeknight, as long as I put on the rice immediately upon entering the house.  Both boys do well with these.

Happy Pasta, Sauteed Shrimp
Another simple vegetarian (or not) meal that my family enjoys.  I added zucchini this time and decided to saute some shrimp to give it a little variety. 

Chicken Tenders with Creamy Honey Mustard, Sweet Potato Fries, Corn
Super easy way to get your little ones excited about dinner.  Chicken fingers are always a favorite, and this way you get to keep them healthy.  I used panko breadcrumbs instead of the cereal, and they were great. 

Basic Beef Stew with Carrots and Mushrooms, Bread
As the title suggests, this is an easy and basic stew recipe.  However, don't let that make you think it's bland.  It's my favorite stew recipe not just because it's easy, but because it's good!  That said, I will admit that it wasn't a huge hit with the kids. 

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...