January 4, 2011

Holiday Recap

It's nice to be back, although I must admit, it was also really nice to unplug for a while.  My family and I had a fabulous vacation at home.  We did all the things I wanted to do - played games, went sledding, danced, cooked/ate great food, talked, watched movies, snuggled, and played some more.  I finally purchased Apples to Apples as a family gift, and it was a lot of fun.  We finally got snow too.  After all my complaining about the lack of snow, a wonderful snowstorm arrived and brought us a foot and a half!  It was great.  It canceled my sister's flight, so she had to stay an extra two days (yay!); and it gave us great entertainment for the kids, who loved sledding and climbing snow mountains. 

All my planning efforts paid off, and I was truly able to relax and enjoy the moments.  Christmas morning was magical, watching my big boy's face as he saw the new train set Santa brought him.  Even more fun was watching his face beam with pride as we opened his handmade gifts.  We spent New Year's Eve enjoying a late dinner, after the kids went to bed, so we could actually enjoy our food and adult conversation (what a luxury!).  Other highlights:  visiting the neighbors on New Year's Day, playing scrabble and losing to my mom three times in the same day, enjoying rare peaceful moments during afternoon naptime, always having sweets within reach....truly the entire time was wonderful.

Now, we're all trying to get back into our normal routine.  The tree and decorations are all down, and the house is slowly being put back together.  We'll have to get used to the lack of lights and cookies.  And now my focus will shift forward again, as we plan all the fun to be had in 2011...

4 comments:

  1. looks like a family fun holiday :) happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh you look really happy Mary - I think what you have here is where all the tough parts of parenting - working mother, broken sleep, coughs and colds - all start to fade a little and you get the gifts of things like Christmas morning. It's all worth it isn't it? I was envious of your super-organisation, as I must admit I still found the whole season quite stressful with hosting and house guests for days. I have never done so much cleaning up! But still - there are those magical moments that make it all worth it. That row of cheeky boys is just precious. Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a cute family you have. :] Winter breaks are the best, in my opinion! Especially when sisters are forced to stay over longer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...