October 19, 2009

Fireplaces, Naps, and Apple Cider

Big fat snowflakes in mid-October


This week's Three Beautiful Things:

1. I have a fireplace now, which makes the snow a little more bearable, even when it comes in mid-October.

2. My husband took over for a while on Saturday afternoon, allowing me the opportunity to crawl in bed for a much-needed nap. I don't even remember walking upstairs - I think I was asleep as soon as he said the word.

3. It is still Fall, despite the snow, and this means apple pie and doughnuts and cider. I love leaving a pot of cider simmering on the stove - it fills the house with a wonderful smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...