August 11, 2009

Shooting Stars

If you like watching shooting stars, you should know that the Perseid meteor shower is tonight. If you happen to have a clear sky where you live, bring some blankets out in your yard and enjoy the show! It may be cloudy here, but we'll give it a shot.

I have great childhood memories of watching shooting stars. I spent summers with my Dad in upstate New York, in the middle of nowhere where the sky is full of billions and billions of stars. This time of year is particularly good for watching shooting stars, so we often got to see lots of them. That certainly contributed to my desire to be an astronaut. (Later I learned that my motion sickness and inability to understand differential calculus would prohibit that dream, but I still adore the stars.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...