April 22, 2014

Thoughts of Spring...


Finally, finally, the boys are running around outside in shorts.  Their excitement is contagious, and I just adore the sounds of happy squealing coming in the open windows.  It's been a very chilly April, and that makes the warmth all the more satisfying now.  Of course, it's back to chilly tomorrow, but we are leaving on Thursday for sunny and warm North Carolina, so it's all good.

Easter was really nice.  We spent the day with Kevin's family.  His mom hosted, and she cooked lots of family favorites for an Easter brunch.  The boys found eggs in the yard, and they had fun with the books and toys that filled their baskets.  Meanwhile, we all had fun catching up.  Kevin's aunt and uncle bestowed upon us a rather large box full of their old vinyl records.  What fun!  I'm listening to The Beatles' White album right now.  I'm thinking Stevie Wonder or Linda Ronstadt is up next.


Yesterday was Patriot's Day here in Massachusetts.  The boys and I spent the day in our local town center, playing catch, saying hello to friends, and cheering on the runners.  It was a gorgeous sunny day, and it felt just like Marathon Monday always has - a big wonderful block party.  The crowds were huge, and everybody was happy.  If only the Red Sox had won, it would've been perfect.  


I haven't written much here lately, but I've been thinking about what I want to do with this space.  Taking a step back sometimes is a good thing, and I tend to come back even more motivated to create posts.  I want to update the blog, though.  I want a new name and a fresh design.  I have no idea how to do that, so it may not happen any time soon, but I've been thinking about it.  I actually sat at the computer a couple weeks ago, typing in possible names, but of course they were all taken.  (Including maryloves.blogspot.com, unfortunately.)  So we'll see.  In the meantime, I'm thinking May will allow me to get my writing groove back.  

We are off on Thursday for a long weekend in the sun.  I'll be back next week with a tan on my shoulders and a spring in my step! 

1 comment:

  1. There aren't many things in life better than free music. :)

    I'm so glad you're finally getting warmer weather! I bet the boys are happy they can wear shorts again! haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...