December 10, 2013

My Favorite Music of 2013


It's that time of year.  Time to compile a list of the music that makes up the soundtrack of my 2013.  As always, it's not a "best of" list, but rather the music that I've gone back to again and again.  At one point, I thought I'd be able to limit myself to a top 10.  Ha!  Whittling it down to 20 was as hard as ever.  I didn't include some awesome albums.  Langhorne Slim & The Law brings me back to summer.  I love Neko Case's album.  I might listen to that one more if she didn't yell out, "Get the fuck away from me!" during one of the choruses.  Can't really listen to that in front of the kids.  I'm also digging Minor Alps at the moment.  Sarah Jarosz and The Civil Wars are as beautiful as ever.  And I'm still getting to know Daughter, along with many 2012 releases I just discovered this year, like Father John Misty.  So I guess consider those my runners up.

The National - Trouble Will Find Me
Tanya Donelly - Swan Song Series
Kingsley Flood - Battles
Jason Isbell - Southeastern

The Lone Bellow - The Lone Bellow
Frank Turner - Tape Deck Heart
Caitlin Rose - The Stand-In
Josh Ritter - Beast in Its Tracks

The Milk Carton Kids - The Ash & Clay
Dawes - Stories Don't End
The Staves - Dead & Born & Grown
Throwing Muses - Purgatory / Paradise

Kurt Vile - Wakin On A Pretty Daze
Phosphorescent - Muchacho
The Oh Hello's - Through the Deep, Dark Valley
Basia Bulat - Tall Tall Shadow

Dr. Dog - B-Room
Pearl Jam - Lightning Bolt
The Head and the Heart - Let's Be Still
The Avett Brothers - Magpie And The Dandelion

What's your favorite music from this past year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...