March 20, 2013

Menu of the Week

pictures from Martha Stewart and Cooking Light

Here's a peek at what we ate last week...

Curried Chicken Legs with Carrots, Rice, and Lime
This is a very simple dish, and yet it's different and adds some nice variety.  I only bought two chicken legs for the carnivores in the family, and Nathan and I added a second vegetable to our plates, along with a handful of cashews just to add a little protein.

Panko-Encrusted Fish Sticks, Brown Rice, Broccoli
I think I've posted this one enough to stop talking about it.  It's good.  Everyone likes it.

Goat Cheese and Roasted Corn Quesadillas, Black Beans
This one, too.  It's an easy go-to veggie dinner.  I always add diced zucchini to the quesadillas as well.  Sometimes we have yellow rice or avocado/guacamole, but I didn't have time this particular night.

Potato and Onion Frittata, Sauteed Zucchini
This was our new recipe for the week, and I'm happy to report that it was a huge success!  I wanted to try a frittata or quiche, because the boys like eggs and I figured I might have some luck.  I stuck with a basic recipe for now - one without a lot of green or red vegetables in it - to increase my chances.  It worked!  They both looked at me skeptically, and Nathan declared he didn't like it even before he tried. But "just one bite" is the rule in our house, so he dutifully took his one bite and then declared, "I like it! I'm going to eat everything on my plate!"  And so he did.  One minor note:  I thought it was very heavy on the rosemary, so I'd probably decrease it a bit next time.

Pasta with Walnut-Basil Pesto, Parmesan Tomatoes
Oh my goodness I absolutely adore having pesto in my freezer.  Walnut-basil pesto is my new favorite, and I don't think I'll ever go back to expensive pine nuts.  Aaron loves pesto too, so he ate two big bowls of it (even whole-wheat pasta!).  Ah, these little successes do make my week sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...