What a lovely Winter weekend! A very nice way to welcome February. We spent most of Saturday skiing and had our best day yet with the boys. It was especially welcome after last weekend, which was so cold and left both of them crying to go home. This time, however, Nathan had fun all morning, and was even willing to go back out after lunch! Aaron could've stayed all day. He's getting pretty confident, even asking whether or not he should to stop on the way down, because "I'm not sure if you're going to be able to keep up!" Good stuff. While I'm having fun watching them learn, my mind can't help but look forward to future family ski trips.
On Sunday, we had friends over for brunch. We had a feast! In addition to our usual Sunday morning pancakes, we had a frittata, bacon, fruit, and mimosas. The boys had fun playing with their friends, and we had fun eating and catching up. Sunday afternoon included scrabble (I think Aaron is going to take after his grandma), working on valentine's day cards, and watching the snow lightly falling.
A few goals for the week:
1. Finish getting our tax information together. Bleh. But it must be done.
2. Carve out more time for reading. Now that our week-long binge of Homeland is complete, I'd like to get into my new book.
3. Plan another get-together with friends.
4. Send a few "just touching base" emails
5. Water, humidifier, and eye cream. (It is Winter, after all.)