February 27, 2013

How I Take Care of Myself

1.  Starting the day with a stretch and a glass of water
2.  Music that makes me sing at the top of my lungs
3.  Burt's Bees chapstick kept in all the right places
4.  A good pair of snow boots
5.  Watching "When Harry Met Sally" every time it comes on
6.  Pinot Noir
7.  Pigeon pose
8.  Music that inspires me to shake my hips
9.  Comfy and warm slippers
10.  Facial oil, body lotion, and a humidifier
11.  Flip-flops and short shorts
12.  Tomato sandwiches in the summertime, apple and cheddar sandwiches in the fall
13.  Calls to my sisters
14.  Tickling my boys
15.  Pushing myself to go out and meet new people, even when my inclination is to stay home
16.  Boot-cut jeans that fit exactly right
17.  Moving my body every day
18.  Visiting new places
19.  Watching summer rainstorms from the front porch
20.  Music that makes my heart smile
21.  Spending time with myself
22.  Cleaning the kitchen - life is easier with clean counters
23.  Practicing my guitar
24.  Assuming positive intent - people are doing the best they can
25.  Being an optimist - it doesn't come naturally to me, but I've gotten pretty good at it
26.  Ten minutes of silence
27.  Kale, sweet potatoes, avocados, watermelon, beans, salmon, and brown rice
28.  Not comparing myself or my life to others - an ongoing practice
29.  Savoring time with my boys
30.  Our new record player, visiting record stores
31.  Striving for patience
32.  Books - lots and lots of books
33.  Attempting crossword puzzles
34.  Hugs and date nights
35.  Expressing gratitude, every day

*Inspired by the brunette bombshell



3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous list, Mary :) I am still looking for the ever-elusive #16, heh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE this - so much so I did my own! Now I just need to stick to it! Take care, Lou x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...