February 13, 2013

Menu of the Week

images from martha stewart, cooking light

I'm sure these posts are not interesting to some people, but my sister always thanks me for posting them.  I also enjoy having them to look back on, when I'm struggling for dinnertime inspiration.  So I will keep them going.  Here's a peek at what we ate last week:

Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Shells, Salad, Crusty Bread
I love stuffed shells.  My kids, however...  Ah well.  I had a bag of homemade shells in the freezer, so we enjoyed these over the weekend.  The boys complained through it.  

Panko-Crusted Fish Sticks, Brown Rice, Broccoli
One of the boys' favorite meals.   Even Nathan, who is not generally a meat-eater, loves these fish sticks.  They both do well with broccoli, and we've been having it a lot lately.

Spicy Chicken Cakes, Roasted Potato Slices with Parmesan, Green Beans
I like these chicken cakes, especially with the horseradish sauce in the recipe.  It's a good old standby, and a way to do something a little different with chicken.

Stir Fry with Tofu, Broccoli, Peppers, and Mushrooms, Brown Rice
I've never done well with stir fry.  I don't know why - I think I always use too much soy sauce and it ends up salty.  I tried to be more careful this time.  I used broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, and peppers, as well as tofu.  The boys were not especially fond of it, but I think there's room for improvement here.  I do love stir fry leftovers too.  I'll keep trying...

Sweet Potato Blintzes with Cranberry Sauce, Sauteed Spinach, Roasted Tomatoes
This probably isn't a recipe I will make again, because holy eggs and cheese!  That said, the boys and I loved these.  They are labor-intensive, but I like trying new things every now and then.  It's also good to try new things that I'm confident the boys will like.  I want to encourage them to try something different.  Served with spinach and tomatoes, they made a good and very filling dinner.

smitten kitchen

1 comment:

  1. I love these posts too. I'm always looking for new recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...