April 4, 2012

Whipped Cream, Progress, and Brothers


This week's Three Beautiful Things:

1.  The boys squeal with laughter as I tease them with whipped cream.  "Is this enough?", I ask, putting a measly little plop on top of their strawberry shortcake.  "NOOOOO!  We want LOTS!"  And so it goes, until I fill up their bowls with yummy goodness.  Strawberry shortcake season is fun.

2.  We're inching closer to the big renovation.  Work has already begun, and our yard is full of wood, ladders, insulation, and as of yesterday, a very large dumpster.  The big start date - as in, tearing down walls - is fast approaching.  It's going to be a very messy summmer.  (Honestly - with a renovation like this comes a lot of stress.  I'm purposefully noting it here as a beautiful thing, though, so I can keep my eye on the prize.)

3.  Nathan moved up to the Preschool room at school this week.  Aaron has been showing him the ropes, explaining the rules, volunteering to spend time in Nathan's classroom in order to spend time with him, reading him books, etc.  Aaron takes his role as big brother very seriously.

1 comment:

  1. I honestly don't think there's something as "enough" when it comes to whipped cream! All the best for the renovation - stressful times but so worth it in the end. Annie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...