February 17, 2012

The Civil Wars - Birds of a Feather


Almost exactly a year ago, we went to see a concert by The Civil Wars.  Their debut album had just been released, and I instantly fell in love with their music.  The concert was in a small venue, run by the Berklee College of Music.  Standing-room only in an intimate setting, which was perfect for being able to capture their amazing on-stage chemistry.  Their song "Poison & Wine" had already played on Grey's Anatomy; the buzz had begun, but still not many people knew them at that point.  

It's been a lot of fun to watch them rise this year.  Playing the late-night shows, touring with Adele, watching Barton Hollow climb the charts.  I personally have had fun introducing them to my friends.  And on Sunday, they received two Grammys!  (I'm not normally a big fan of the Grammys, but they can be fun when they get it right.)  Barton Hollow was probably my favorite album of 2011, and I can't wait to hear what they come up with next.

photo by Allister Ann

1 comment:

  1. i like the civil wars, too. it took me awhile to get into them, but they really are so talented.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...