October 13, 2016

Recently Read


The Life Intended, by Kristin Harmel. I liked this one. Sweet, engaging, well-developed and likable characters, and an interesting plot. The main character is a woman named Kate, whose husband died 12 years earlier. She becomes engaged to her boyfriend of two years, but she's not happy and begins to have dreams about her dead husband. These dreams lead her down a path of discovery, and that's about all I can say without getting into spoiler-territory. I wasn't quite ready to say goodbye to the characters at the end, which is always a sign of a good book.

Getting Naked:  A Business Fable About Shedding The Three Fears That Sabotage Client Loyalty, by Patrick Lencioni.  This is obviously a business book. I've been reading more non-fiction lately, and this one is a very fast read and is very applicable to my work as a business consultant.

Americanah, by Chimimanda Ngozi Adichie. A beautiful and important book. It is too long, and there is more emphasis on author's observations on race and culture than there is on the plot of the story, but both the plot and those observations are very worthy of reading. As I've said before, my favorite books provide me with a different perspective on the world, and this book definitely does that.

1 comment:

  1. I also read "Americanah" recently, I loved it. It definitely made me want to read something else by her.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...