August 23, 2013

Cousin Tiffany


My sister and her family are still here, and summer vacation isn't quite over just yet.  I had to stop by the blog for a few minutes, though.  I really wanted to share this.

My sister-in-law, then 37, was diagnosed with colon cancer last year.  She had a tough year, but she made it through the other side and is now cancer-free.  (Woohoo!)  Just as she was learning she was done, I found out that my cousin, age 38, was diagnosed with colon cancer as well.  I started getting pissed off at all the bad health news hitting young people I know.  

My cousin, Tiffany, has undergone colon surgery and the first round of chemo treatments at this point.  She's in the middle of a long road.  Her friends and family threw a benefit for her, and as a surprise, they created a video tribute, containing clips of her dancing.  Her husband (and my first cousin), Rick, took all the videos, and a friend created the compilation to a song by one of their favorite bands, Great Big Sea.  It was posted online and has taken on a life of its own.  The band tweeted about it, it's on the Ellen Facebook page, and thousands have liked it on YouTube.  She was even interviewed on the local news this morning.

You should watch.  I promise it will make you smile.  And it will remind you that living life positively and as goofy as possible is the best way to live.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...