Strawberry and sweet pea picking
Ah, what a lovely weekend. It was quiet, and we had no social plans with the exception of a birthday party on Saturday that Nathan attended. That's a good thing sometimes. We got some things done around the house, and we spent time together as a family. While Nathan and I attended the party, Kevin and Aaron got some quality time. They went to hit balls at a golf course and then out to lunch.
We also checked several things off our list! Saturday was a beautiful day, so we decided it was a good night to try out our new tent. Backyard family campout was a success! We made s'mores, which is of course required before you can sleep in a tent. We put the boys to bed and had them try to go to sleep on their own, and we joined them later. It took them a while, but they eventually did get to sleep. As camping goes, I didn't have the greatest night's sleep; but the boys slept pretty well and didn't wake until 7:15, which is pretty good given how light it is at 6AM!
On Sunday, we ate the traditional pancake breakfast, and then we ventured out to a local farm to pick strawberries and sweet peas. It was a fun way to spend Father's Day morning. We puttered around the house and yard for most of the afternoon, and we made fish tacos for dinner.
Goals for this week:
1. Quality time with Nathan. He's done with school, but his big brother has one more week.
2. Exercise. I think it's going to be harder with both boys around every morning, so I gotta keep the rhythm going.
3. Check out all the local swimming ponds/lakes and figure out which one the boys and I should go to.
4. Order the cake and buy favors for Nathan's birthday party (soon! my baby is going to be 4!)
5. Lots of water and a good night's sleep
Bedtime stories in the tent