June 5, 2013

Menu of the Week

photos via cooking light and cd kitchen (links below)

A few meals we've enjoyed recently...

Pasta Primavera, Whole Wheat Baguette
My favorite Spring dinner.  I always look forward to fresh asparagus so I can enjoy this one.

Broccoli-Cheddar Soup, Whole Wheat Baguette
I sort of used this recipe as an outline.  I used vegetable broth and may not have followed it exactly, but this is the general idea.  It's so good, and the boys continue to do well with veggie soups, so I keep making them.

Grilled Shrimp Skewers, Brown Rice, Honey-Glazed Carrots, Steamed Broccoli
We enjoyed awesome shrimp over at a friend's house, so we asked him what he used.  The shrimp is marinated with lemon juice, garlic, onions, olive oil, salt and pepper.  I think that's it, but man oh man are they tasty.  That they are the easiest and fastest thing ever is just a bonus.  My little man doesn't like shrimp, so he doubled up on veggies.

Black Bean Burgers with Mango Salsa, Sweet Potatoes, Cucumber Slices
Okay, so these really might be my new favorite black bean burgers.  I know I keep saying that, and I keep trying more, but really.  They have some cheese in them, which helps bind them, but I think they would probably do okay without it.  They are also baked, which definitely helps keep them together.  They held their shape really well, and all the cilantro and jalapeƱo and yummy goodness inside actually gave them flavor!  The star, of course, was the mango salsa, which is out of this world good.  I froze a couple of leftover burgers to enjoy another time.  Definitely a keeper!

Grilled Chicken and Pesto Farfalle, Salad
An old favorite.  Nathan and I enjoyed the pasta on its own, and I grilled a chicken breast for Aaron and Kevin to add to theirs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...