November 24, 2009

Be Thankful

*These gorgeous boys top my list!
I love that we have a holiday where we all celebrate everything we're thankful for. We should all try to remember to be grateful every day and acknowledge these things throughout the year, as I try to do with my blog, but Thankgiving is just one more way to focus on all the good things in our lives. My list would be tremendous - I am blessed in so many ways - but I thought I'd take a few minutes and think about some of the things I have to be thankful for. Please do the same. And then eat some pumpkin pie, watch some football, or do whatever it is that makes you happy. Happy Thanksgiving!
I am SO thankful for...
- My happy and healthy little boys
- My sweet and awesome husband
- My mom and sisters, who also happen to be my best friends
- The rest of my extended family. I am so incredibly thankful to be a part of such a large and loving group
- My friends, far and near. Especially those that don't allow distance or time change our friendship
- My in-laws. They're just the other half of my family at this point, and I'm so thankful that I joined such an awesome group of people.
- My house, which is coming along slowly but surely as we make it into a home
- My job (I know....you're thinking "my job? seriously?", but yes, I should be thankful), which is flexible enough to allow me to juggle things so I can focus on my highest priorities (those two little boys)
- My health. I get every cold that day care throws at me, and I haven't had a decent night's sleep in as long as I can remember, but I'm still doing pretty well. My boys keep me strong.
- Art. Hard to capture in a short statement, but I'm so thankful for everyone out there who contributes to the art, music, and other entertainment that I enjoy. It's hard to imagine life without art.


*Thanks to Perfect Sentiment for the lovely quote!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...