September 21, 2009

Fall Love

#1 - Looooove apple pie



As I did with Summer, I thought I'd jot down the first 2o things that come to mind when I think about what I love about Fall. My absolute favorite season!



1. Picking apples and making apple pies

2. Raking leaves (the smell of the leaves and the good sore that results)

3. Clear blue skies and crisp cool air

4. Picking pumpkins and carving jack-o-lanterns

5. Harvest and Pumpkin Festivals

6. Apple cider

7. Mums in every possible color

8. Octoberfest beers

9. Playoff baseball games

10. Visiting the farm

11. Thanksgiving

12. Planning for Christmas

13. Shifting towards cool-weather meals like chili

14. Keeping warm in front of a fireplace

15. College football games

16. Back to school sales (I'm sure I'll love these even more a few years from now)

17. A's birthday

18. Visiting a B&B in Vermont (isn't happening this year unfortunately, but it's typically an annual tradition)

19. The first smell of a fire in a fireplace

20. Gorgeous foliage here in New England - vibrant reds, oranges, and yellows

What do you love about Fall?


#2 - also includes playing in the leaves


#4 - even more fun picking pumpkins from our own yard!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...