September 24, 2009

Banana Bars

*Image from here
Okay, I realize my blog has been mostly pictures of my boys and recipes lately, but I guess that's a reflection of what my life has been lately. We are officially in baking season, and I'm also participating in the online cooking group, so there will no doubt be more recipes in the coming weeks. We're also going apple-picking tomorrow, so you know what that means: pie! (and cake and turnovers and whatever other yummy things I decide to do with apples this year.)

So what puts you in a baking mood? For me, all it takes is a cool day. I've also been more motivated lately by my toddler. Aaron enjoys helping me cook now, especially baking, and that makes it that much more fun. Yesterday, it was two big brown bananas that put me in the mood. I could've made a banana bread, but I decided instead on these awesome banana bars. I'd made them before but haven't had them in a while. They are GOOD! Seriously. I'm adding them to my sidebar now. Definitely a keeper.

I used regular chocolate chips instead of the minis, which is totally fine. I think my favorite part of this recipe is the fact that it says it makes 48 bars. Totally cracks me up every time I see that! It makes about half that for any normal person. And you will probably eat four of them in a single sitting. I've eaten about half the sheet today, little bite by little bite. Addictive. So beware, but enjoy. Happy baking!

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Ha! I made the bars after talking to you the other day. Much better than banana bread and I also laughed at the 48 bars. My arse!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...