April 28, 2009

House Update

When we moved into our house, the living room fireplace had been completely bricked off. Apparently, they removed the fireplace when they put central heat in way back when. Building a new fireplace wasn't a feasible option, but we did still have the chimney to work with. Our solution was to connect a small gas fireplace to it. We did this last summer, and I've been looking at a hole in our wall since then. Well, we finally have the next step underway, and here's a progress report. You can see our new mantle! It will eventually be painted white, there will be black stone around the fireplace unit, and sconces will be installed above. We're getting there!

3 comments:

  1. YAY for progress! Looks good so far!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great. exciting. little baby waz is going to come home to great digs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! This looks amazing! I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...