February 24, 2016

This and That...


Kevin got me a standing mixer for Christmas. I've always wanted one, and I can't wait to try it out for something more complex than chocolate chip cookies (although it's also a dream for chocolate chip cookies!). I went back and forth on what color to get - I'm so indecisive sometimes, it's scary. Part of me wanted to get white or silver, to keep it simple and classic. The other part felt that there's a reason they come in such fun colors, and why not mix it up? So I went for it, choosing this happy light blue. It's another burst of color in my kitchen, and it makes me happy. 

I've been feeling very nostalgic lately. This is not altogether unusual, but it's increased recently due to the return of the X-Files, my favorite TV show from the 90s, and the announcements of reunion tours and new music by both Belly and Letters to Cleo, two of my favorite bands from the 90s. I think I will probably have to come to terms with the fact that I will continue to see anniversary announcements that take me back - Throwing Muses' "The Real Ramona" just turned 25, the Challenger exploded 30 years ago...  

The boys were on vacation last week. Typically, we'd take the week to head north to go skiing, but we weren't able to take the time this year due to our many other upcoming vacation plans. So we stayed home. Kevin and I worked, and the boys stayed home with a sitter. They enjoyed a break from their usual routines, but I admit it was a little strange to have them home while we left for work. It feels good to get back to the usual school routine this week. 

Less than two months to our first actual vacation of the year, and I can't wait! I have our Disneyworld itinerary, including all reservations, all set and ready to go. If it rains...well, we'll just put on our ponchos and go! (But fingers crossed for decent weather, because I need some sunshine!)

We had family visit us last weekend, which is always good and nice to connect, especially those that you don't get to see very often. Life is good. We're working hard, learning, reading, singing, playing... The weather has been dark and cold and wet - mostly a miserable winter this year, and it can be difficult not to get dragged down by it. Things that are helping me lately include good books, card games, college basketball, and family visits. Reminders that it's really all about the little things.

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...