September 23, 2015

Recently Read...


The Celebrant, by Eric Rolfe Greenberg.  I try to read a baseball book every summer, and this year, I decided to re-read my favorite of all time. It was as wonderful as I remembered.

Luckiest Girl Alive, by Jessica Knoll.  I read a bunch of great reviews about this one - "the next "Gone Girl" and blahblahblah... so I gave it a shot. It is an easy read; and it's tightly woven, bouncing back and forth between the main character at 14 and then again in her 20s. I hated her. She's easy to hate - she's terrible, and if you read it, you'll hate her too. However, by the end, your feelings towards her...well, they may not change, but they will be complicated. It would be a good book for a book club, because it's sure to generate a discussion.

The Alchemist, by Paulo Coelho. I finally read this one, after having it on my to-read list for so long. It's sweet, and I'd compare it to a warm bath in a candlelit room. Comfortable, easy, and thoughtful.

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...