June 4, 2014

Amazing Boys...


Being a mother of boys is a beautiful thing.  It's muddy and dirty and full of fart noises and wrestling matches and scraped shins.  I have learned more than I ever wanted to know about trucks, dinosaurs, superheroes, and animals.  I have tripped over lego buildings and stepped on more hot wheels cars than I can count.  I have also received the best, sweetest hugs ever.  I have been given weed bouquets and kisses on my cheek and painted family portraits that I will save forever and ever.  And it's a good thing I love baseball.  

Do you ever have those moments when you look at your kid(s) and are amazed they exist?  I mean, we made these little people.  Who are so like me and my husband and yet unique to themselves.  Sometimes I just sit and stare at them, in awe and wonder.  They are beautiful, wonderful, strange little boys.  I am so unbelievably happy to have them in my life.  

telling secrets and making each other laugh...may it always be so

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh. I love this post. And this picture! Like they are all secrets, just brothers only, happy and giggly and sweet. And naughty. And nice. Almost daily I have that moment where I think how crazy it is that my girls exist and how so freaking weird they are-and they drive me crazy. And they are amazing. And smart and thoughtful and annoying and nonstop talking over one another and whiny and gracious and careless and thoughtful. All is right in the universe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...