November 26, 2013
It's almost time for my favorite holiday. A day to say thank you and to be grateful. What a beautiful day. We will spend it at home, with Kevin's family. I just picked up the turkey and some veggies from the farm, and I'm officially in preparation mode. I went to Costco yesterday, and they had these big beautiful pomegranates, so there's our centerpiece. (Pomegranates are so beautiful, and the boys love them.) I spent an hour and a half in line at the cheese shop this morning, and I'm sure I got too much as usual. But oh my goodness the joy and awesomeness in that place! I haven't hosted the big meal in a while, but I'm excited about it.
My lists often look similar, but that's okay. It's always good to give thanks. Here's what I'm thankful for this year:
1. My boys. The three of them. Always.
2. My family. They live too far away, and I miss them all the time; but I love them and am so happy I have them.
3. Friends. The ones I've known all my life, and the ones I just met. You can never have too many.
4. A warm house. I love our house. It's old and is a never-ending project, but it's home.
5. Music. Learning how to make a little of it myself only strengthens my love of people who create songs.
6. Food. Like that big block of Stilton cheese in my fridge. And pie. Roasted acorn squash. Carmelized walnuts. French toast. Yummmmmm…..
7. Books. There's a seemingly infinite supply. Lives to experience. Facts to learn. Emotions to feel. I love them.
8. My slippers, my fleece, my pajama pants, fun socks….clothes that keep me warm and cozy in the wintertime.
9. A little splash of maple liqueur in my egg nog.
10. Vacations, travel, and looking forward.