January 7, 2013

Weekend Recap



From warm and sunny Barcelona to cold and snowy Home.  The boys were really excited to come home to snow.  We spent Thursday on the beach and Saturday sledding and making a snowman.  In addition to fun in the snow, Saturday mostly consisted of laundry and cleaning.  Our Christmas tree and decorations were all still out, so we had to pack everything up.  

On Sunday, we battled jet lag and decided to get in our first day of skiing for the season.  I'm so glad we did.  Aaron got his confidence back after a single run, and Nathan and I spent the morning practicing.  This was only his second day skiing, so while he loves going down the hill, he hasn't quite mastered stopping.  My arms are a little sore from all the catching.  

Goals for this week:
1.  Get everyone over jet lag and back on schedule.  
2.  Clean and start tackling some organizing projects around the house.  January is the best month for these.
3.  Exercise every day.  After last month's back injury, I couldn't exercise for several weeks.  That in combination with the typical holiday excesses and I am feeling it.  I got in a little workout this morning, so I'm off to a good start.  
4.  Start researching our next trip.  Maybe a weekend ski trip.  Spring break trip down to North Carolina.
5.  Plan next week's dinner menu and include at least one recipe from my new cookbook.  

2 comments:

  1. Hurrah! Normal service resumes at 'Mary Loves'. All is well with the world ;-)
    So pleased you had a great time and what a lovely way to embrace January with snow and skiing. We have just booked to go in late March - to France - so I am praying that the season holds out and there is still a good covering of snow. Meanwhile England remains resolutely DAMP and GREY. Hmm.

    You sound very chilled and happy - and I can so relate! Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Love your snowman! My son starts his first snowboarding lessons this week (please don't let him break an arm - he is soooo accident prone these days!). I've also got that January urge to sort, tidy, get new inspiration for the home and get myself out running more.
    Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...