From warm and sunny Barcelona to cold and snowy Home. The boys were really excited to come home to snow. We spent Thursday on the beach and Saturday sledding and making a snowman. In addition to fun in the snow, Saturday mostly consisted of laundry and cleaning. Our Christmas tree and decorations were all still out, so we had to pack everything up.
On Sunday, we battled jet lag and decided to get in our first day of skiing for the season. I'm so glad we did. Aaron got his confidence back after a single run, and Nathan and I spent the morning practicing. This was only his second day skiing, so while he loves going down the hill, he hasn't quite mastered stopping. My arms are a little sore from all the catching.
Goals for this week:
1. Get everyone over jet lag and back on schedule.
2. Clean and start tackling some organizing projects around the house. January is the best month for these.
3. Exercise every day. After last month's back injury, I couldn't exercise for several weeks. That in combination with the typical holiday excesses and I am feeling it. I got in a little workout this morning, so I'm off to a good start.
4. Start researching our next trip. Maybe a weekend ski trip. Spring break trip down to North Carolina.
5. Plan next week's dinner menu and include at least one recipe from my new cookbook.