January 21, 2013

Menu of the Week


Pictures from Dinner: A Love Story and Martha Stewart

Here's a look at what we ate last week...

Apricot-Mustard Baked Chicken, Green Beans, Roasted Potatoes
This is the first recipe I've tried from my new cookbook - Dinner:  A Love Story (She also has a great blog.)  As promised, it's very easy, and the flavor is great.  Wonderful dinner for a cold and dreary Sunday night.  

Fish Cakes, Honey-Glazed Carrots, Corn
The Fish Cakes recipe also came from Dinner:  A Love Story (sorry no recipe online).  They were a little difficult to handle, but I think I just made them too big.  I made the second batch smaller, and they came out better.  The taste was great.  Aaron, my big seafood fan, of course loved it.  Nathan wouldn't touch it.  Every now and then Nathan just eats a big plate of carrots for dinner, and I'm okay with this.  

Red Leaf Salad with Roasted Sweet Potatoes
I LOVED this salad!  It has wonderful flavor and it's a great salad for Winter.  I think of my vegetarian mother and sister whenever I find a veggie recipe I like.  (Mom and Emily - TRY THIS!  I know you would both love it and it's ridiculously easy.)  I used leftover green beans instead of frozen but otherwise made it as written.

Sausage Kale and White Bean Soup, Crusty Bread
I've made something similar before, but this was a new recipe, and I liked it better.  I don't think it needs any added salt - with the sausage and broth, it is savory enough.  Nathan wouldn't eat it, although he did try a bite; but Aaron had two big bowls of it!  I don't mind serving some sausage if it helps get the kale down.  

Spaghetti with Tuna, Lemon and Breadcrumbs, Crusty Bread
This recipe is super easy and definitely economical.  Great for this time of year, and great for the end of the week, since it relies mostly on pantry items.  Nathan opted for regular spaghetti sauce (can you tell he's my picky one?), but Aaron ate a ton of it!  I did too.  Oh, and we did add a little parmesan on top.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...