September 24, 2010

Random Thoughts...

I'm tired.  It's been a long week, work-wise, although when I think back on it, all I see are the boys.  I do love my ability to push my job out of my mind as soon as the computer turns off.  This weekend I need to get a little extra sleep.  No idea how I plan to accomplish this, but there it is.

I'm continuing to love my favorite month.  The trees are starting to turn, and the big boy delights in seeing the orange and red and yellow leaves.  "Look Mom!  The leaves are falling!  That means it must be Fall, right?"  This weekend will be another one at home.  Lots of swinging.  A stop by the farmer's market.  The usual.  My sister-in-law is planning to visit on Sunday, which is always fun for the boys (and us too!).  The weather continues to be spectacular.  
via opomme
Things remain unsettled at home, with a decision yet to be made.  I'm looking forward to it being behind us - either way - so we can focus on the future.  When I think about the coming years, I start getting really excited.  Lots of milestones and happy events - big wedding anniversaries (we just celebrated our 8th), the big boy starting school, house renovations, family trips...

Speaking of family vacations, I think perhaps we got a little too ambitious in deciding on Croatia for next summer's vacation.  Our research is telling us that it might not be the best place to go with little kids.  (Three kids between 2 and 4 years old.)  We haven't ruled it out, but we're now expanding our search.  Do any of you have suggestions on a little-kid-friendly spot in Europe?  We will want to rent a house/villa large enough to accommodate two families.  We'll be traveling from Boston, and my sister's family will be joining us from Barcelona.  I am starting to get a bit overwhelmed by all the possibilities now.
And I'm not sure I ever told you, but I really like you.  My readers.  I know most of you are family, and of course I love you.  But there are a few other blog friends out there who are reading my little site, and I love thinking about who you are, where you live, and why you decided to stop by today.  Fun to think about. Whoever and wherever you are, thanks.  It's more fun to blog when you know somebody else is out there.  Have an awesome weekend!

6 comments:

  1. I have heard that Spain is very kid friendly.. you might look into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no kids, so what's 'kid friendly' to me means "Where can I take my 6 foot tall "little" man that will be fun for him, but not too 'man friendly' for me! (Hubby think the strangest things are fun! ^_^) LOL ... By the way, we like you too! That's why we keep coming back!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos! And great post, too. Isn't it interesting that you can just love your fellow bloggers so much without really "knowing" them?

    I'm so glad I found your blog, it's adorable! I'll definitely be back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary...hope the uncertainty lifts soon - I can so relate and hate to say even when the decision is made there are still misgivings! But they fade and I guess looking to the future you just have to see what comes.

    I feel like I should be able to comment on where to go in Europe given that I am European! I have been to Barcelona - would say its more of a city break place, more adult, than a kid's venue. Also in Spain Madrid is lovely with lots to see if they like walking. We go to The Algarve in Portugal which is great - much more unspoiled than some of Spain. In terms of renting a villa, I am sure there are many choices...often closer to the coast. My Dad lives in Spain, near Valencia and that is great for families. So many choices! Write a list of your requirements and I will think of where would fit best! Denmark also very child-friendly! And Italy - well the Italians adore kids. Hmmm Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are planning Croatia for our next vacation and I am sooooo excited to go there. I don't have kids... but I tend to have the perspective that a great family/kid experience doesn't have to be the traditional 'kid-friendly' stuff... so if you are finding the things that work for your family go for it.

    That said, we were just in the French countryside and I think that would be a fantastic place for a family vacation. Lots of houses/villas/cottages to rent and lots of fun villages dot the landscape. Even simple things like going to the market is fun. Or I would imagine Italy to be a good family vacation spot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...