January 25, 2017

Scenes from the Boston Women's March...



What a beautiful weekend. We are living in interesting and concerning times, and it felt really good to get out and do something. My sister-in-law and I drove into Boston for the Women's March, and similar to what happened in cities around the world, the crowd was much larger than anticipated. It was a beautiful sea of people, all happy to be standing together and making our voices heard. It was positive, peaceful, and powerful.  

I will admit there were quite a few signs that served to make fun of our new president (many featuring the p-word, references to tiny hands, his love of Putin, his hair, etc.); and although some made me laugh, they weren't my favorites. My favorites were thoughtful and serious and spoke to the issues we are genuinely concerned about. The same with the chants - some were more directed towards President Trump, but most were focused on the need to influence our culture in a positive way. My favorite:  "Let's go Science!" 

I came away feeling inspired and uplifted, knowing that so many out there feel the same way I do about so many issues. Let's hope we can keep that feeling alive.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...