May 18, 2016

Springtime...

I don't handle things well when life gets too busy. I'm not as patient, I'm not as kind, I'm not as happy. Even when all the "busy-ness" is great stuff. Even when I'm focused on fun and important things. I end up ignoring other items, and life can get out of whack very quickly. And then I end up snapping at people because the kitchen counters aren't clean or socks are on the floor and "will you please just brush your teeth already!?!"...

Spring is a crazy time of year. I knew it would be hectic due to both boys playing baseball and soccer. However, I don't think we recognized or anticipated the other events taking place. My work has been demanding, particularly since I received a promotion. Kevin's has been busy as it always is, and he has also started traveling more again. And then we have the usual end-of-the-school-year activities. Field trips, piano recitals, portfolio days...  


I am not complaining, because it's all great. I just have to figure out how to enjoy it all more thoroughly. I'm trying to get enough sleep, which at this point means going to bed shortly after the boys.  I'm trying to get more (or at least consistent) exercise, too, which means getting up early.  I've been trying to alternate sleep days vs. exercise days during the week - it's been working the last couple weeks. Five-minute meditations are never not worthwhile. I've also been working to keep the house in some sort of order. A messy kitchen makes for a very grumpy Mary. 

Most importantly, I'm working to be truly present. Life is full of really great moments, and I want to savor every single one.


1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...